Physical Education & Health: 2020-2021
WHAT IS PE GOING TO LOOK LIKE THIS YEAR?
Using the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control for both youth sports and classrooms, the following guidelines have been implemented:
- ALL students will WEAR THEIR PE UNIFORM TO SCHOOL on their scheduled PE days.NO STUDENTS will be changing into PE uniforms at school.
- All PE classes will be held outside, pending weather.
- PE classes will be held in various locations around campus including the parking lot, basketball court, and soccer field.
- Masks must be worn to and from all PE classes, however, will not be worn during PE class. Masks will be placed on an assigned number.
- Hand sanitizer will be used prior to class and before placing masks back on at the end of class.
- Students will be kept 6’ apart to ensure social distancing. Students will be assigned a number, letter, and color to help with social distancing in all locations.
- Equipment will not be used unless a 1:1 ratio of student to equipment can be implemented.
- All equipment will be sanitized immediately following use.
- All students MUST bring a water bottle to class that is labeled with their name. Water bottles will be placed on an assigned number.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS DO IN PE THIS YEAR?
Activities such as team sports and games will not be possible due to the lack of social distancing and sharing of equipment. However, there is still a lot that we can do to have fun! It is up to the students to be respectful, responsible, and safe! As students learn to move within their assigned space, we will be able to add more activities and leave our spaces……but this will take practice and time!
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
We are learning as we go, and I will do my very best to keep your child safe and active during this challenging time! Physical activity is not only an important part of your child’s physical health but vital for their mental health as well. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to seeing your child and being active with our EAGLES once again!
Mrs. McGuire ~ firstname.lastname@example.org