English & Literature, Middle School
8th Grade Homeroom 2018-2019
Welcome back to Blessed Trinity Catholic School for the 2018-2019 school year!
The 8th grade will hold a bake sale after every mass the weekend of 25-26 August. Please help out!
“Pray as if everything depended on God and work as if everything depended on you.”
– St. Ignatius of Loyola, The Jesuits: Their Spiritual Doctrine and Practice, p. 148
Bishop John J. Snyder High School, 2007
B.A. in English Literature, University of North Florida, 2011
Honors B.A. in Philosophy with Thesis, University of North Florida, 2011
Minor Degree in Psychology, University of North Florida, 2011
M.A. in Philosophy, Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit, 2013
PhD (c) in Philosophy, Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit, 2018-9
Dissertation: A Phenomenology of Religious Conversion
Weekly Assignments in ENG: Vocabulary Workbook, Essays, Grammar Exercises
Important ENG dates: Vocabulary Unit 1 HW due Thursday 23 August (all levels), VU1 exam Tuesday 28 August
7LIT: Acquire a copy of I Am the Cheese (Cormier) by 31 August
8LIT: Acquire a copy of 1984 (Orwell) by 31 August
Classroom Rules: Students should adhere to the “Five P’s”:
- Be PROMPT. Come in quietly read to work. Turn in whatever is due and wait at your seat. Check for Bell Work on the board.
- Be PREPARED. Bring all materials, necessary work, and proper uniform every day. Materials include charged iPad, notebook, and school supplies. Please note that late assignments received the next day will receive half credit for the first quarter. No late assignments accepted after the first quarter. No trips to your locker to retrieve forgotten items.
- Be PRODUCTIVE. Stay focused, follow directions, and remain seated.
- Be POLITE. Interact with one another and the faculty following the model of Christ. No heavy sighing or eye-rolling, and certainly no foul language.
- Be PATIENT. Wait your turn and listen to others when they are speaking.