“I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.” John 13:34
March 27, 2020
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt
I hope all is well! Here are the plans for the week of March 30- April 3, and April 6. Please pick up this A packet and drop off B packet on Monday, March 30 between 6:30- 11:00 am. This will take us up to Spring Break, April 7-15! This packet is due Monday, April 6 for Drop Off only. There will not be a packet to pick up. We will have to wait and see what will happen after Spring Break.
A few reminders:
- Please do not tear out any pages unless instructed to do so.
- Write your name on EVERYTHING and complete ALL of your work. I can not keep after you virtually like I can in the classroom to turn in work! So after Week One and Two, if you do not return your work in your packet, you will receive a zero. Remember…I have taught you all how to be organized & responsible for your work… please keep it up!
- Please enter each Zoom meeting a few minutes before the scheduled time so we can start right away at 8:30 and 2:30 without interruption and repetition so we have more time together. Beginning Monday, March 30, if you are more than 10 minutes late, you will not be admitted to the meeting and will have to attend the next one. If you miss both, you will be marked absent for the day.
- Keep up with your daily assignments. It is hard to check our work if you haven’t done it yet!
- Be sure to jot down your questions so you don’t forget to ask them!
- Art & PE assignments are due March 30. You have a new assignment for March 30- April 3 in your new packet.
- Music work is due April 6.
- Bolado’s Spanish assignment was emailed directly to you. Code #438770 is due March 31. Mrs. Bolado can access your scores, no screen shot required.
- Return the signed DOSA Scholar’s Distance Learning Pledge
- As always, your work must be done neatly & completely to the best of your ability. Keep up our Grade 4 standards!
- Please continue IXL and reading, either on your own or through Epic. I expect a minimum of 20-30 minutes each of IXL & Reading every day.
- If you haven’t turned in your Science Forms of Energy Advanced Organizer, foldable, Verb or St. Patrick worksheet packet, please turn it in March 30.
- Have someone record and email your Tropicana Speech to me by April 3.
- This week we are starting a very exciting but sad chapter in American History…The Civil War. There are a lot of wonderful (and not so wonderful) Grade and age appropriate You tube videos available to enhance your understanding of this time. Simply search The Civil War for Elementary School. Some of my favorites that I would be showing in class are:
The American Civil War Overview- Clareden Learning
Civil War Facts for Kids- History for Kids (K-6)
Civil War- A Kid Explains
Four Causes of the Civil War
- If you can view You tube videos, please be prepared to share some things you’ve learned with the rest of the class during our meetings next week.
- You always have access to Math, Vocabulary Workshop and Religion through Sadlier Connect. Please see the bottom of my webpage for login instructions.
- I have provided Lenten Journey activities through April 3. You will create your own until Easter. If you have a good idea, please share it with us at our meeting.
- You are also learning a new practical home skill. Please send me a picture of you practicing your new skill & be prepared to share it during our meetings.
- Please email me your phone number if you need help on anything and we can conduct our Round Table by FaceTime!
- Everything is graded so do your very best!
Apr. 7-15: Easter Break!
Apr. 23- 4th Quarter Progress Reports
Apr. 27- 30: Book Fair
May 6- May Crowning
May 8- 12:15 Dismissal
The following websites are available for additional practice:
Religion: religion.sadlierconnect.com *click on We Believe Grade 4
Math: www.sadlierconnect.com *scroll to “Student & Family Resources”; *click “Let’s Go!” in the purple box; *click Sadlier Math Grades K-6; *click Sadlier Math Grade 4 (orange text)
Vocabulary Workshop: www.sadlierconnect.com **scroll to “Student & Family Resources”; *click “Let’s Go” in the purple box; *click Vocabulary Workshop Grades 1-12; *click Vocabulary Workshop “orange”