“Follow the Son”
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
November 19, 2021
Blessed Trinity’s Annual Thanksgiving Feast will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 11:00 in the Parish Hall.
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
No test next week. Also, there will be no homework next week.
Tuesday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Feast at 11:00 in Parish Hall
Wednesday- Friday, Nov. 24-26: Thanksgiving Break
Saturday, December 4th: First Reconciliation at 10:00 a.m. at the Church. Please wear Sunday best.
Tuesday, Dec. 14: Christmas Program in church at 6:45 pm
Thursday, Dec. 16: Classroom Christmas Party (more info will follow)
Friday, Dec. 17: End of 2nd Quarter & 11:30 Dismissal (NO LUNCH & NO EXTENDED CARE)
Spelling Words: Friday, Dec. 3rd
Vocabulary Words: Thursday, December 8th
- agree – When you agree with someone, you think the same way as the other person.
- bare – If something is bare, it is not covered.
- famous – A famous person is someone who is known by many people.
- feast – A feast is a very large meal on a special day.
- gentle – If something is gentle, it is very soft and mild.
- hero – A hero is a person you look up to for having done something good and brave.
- leader – A leader is a person who shows people where to go or how to do something.
- notice – If you notice something, you see it.
- search – If you search for something, you look for it.
- weak – If you feel weak, you do not feel strong.
ACCELERATED READER (AR): Many students have not made their goal. Please ask your child how many test they have taken.
Students are required to read and take a minimum of 3 Accelerated Reader (AR) Tests within his/her assigned reading level range, striving for 80% accuracy, by Friday, Dec. 10th. Test will be taken at school. Your student’s new Reading Level Range will be written in the back of the Planner upon completion of the STAR Assessment and is adjusted throughout the school year. Please encourage your student NOT to wait until the last minute to complete this AR requirement. Be sure to check out arbookfind.com for book recommendations and AR levels.
Please encourage children to read, read, read….every day! The AR Grade each Quarter is the average of the top 3 test scores.
Please help your child memorize our Mission Statement. We will practice it each morning in class.
Blessed Trinity Catholic School provides all students the opportunity to flourish in a Catholic Christian environment through inspired academics, spiritual growth, and service to our community.
- Help Sessions for 1st Grade will be held on Mondays from 2:50 – 3:30 for students struggling with Math and/or Reading. Please write a note and place in their Take Home Envelope if you would like your child to attend.
- P.E. Days – Monday & Thursday – Please wear tennis shoes and P.E. uniform.
This year we will begin Vocabulary Workshop. Each Unit will be covered over a two week period. Students can get some extra Vocabulary Workshop practice by visiting: www.sadlierconnect.com
- scroll to “Student & Family Resources”
- click “Let’s Go” in the purple box
- click Vocabulary Workshop Grades 1-12;
- click Vocabulary Workshop “PURPLE”
- No usernames or passwords needed!
Our resource schedule:
Monday: P.E (wear P.E. uniform)
Tuesday: Music and Media/Research
Thursday: P.E (wear P.E. uniform)
Friday: Guidance (every other Friday) and Spanish
We attend Mass every Wednesday at 8:20am.
We have playground time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Opportunity Session will be on Monday from 2:50 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.